CAPS offers a variety of telehealth services to UCLA students. To initiate any CAPS services, you must first speak with a Triage Clinician over the phone by following these steps:
- Call CAPS during triage hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Mondays through Thursdays and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Fridays to schedule a same day triage appointment. Make sure you have about 45 minutes to an hour for the whole process.
- The front desk staff member will schedule the appointment for you and will confirm your phone number. Please sign into your Ashe Patient Portal.
- Complete forms to describe the nature of your visit and review CAPS confidentiality and consent policies:
- Under the " Appointments " tab, click on " Complete Questionnaire " underneath the appointment just made for you.
- Under the " Forms " tab, please read and acknowledge all forms pertaining to CAPS:
- Counseling and Psychological Services Privacy Practices (required to be seen at CAPS
- Counseling and Psychological Services Telehealth Consent Form (required for CAPS Telehealth visit)
- Ashe Center and CAPS Patient Portal Terms (required)
- Counseling and Psychological Services Informed Consent 2017 (required to be seen at CAPS)
- Counseling and Psychological Services IRB Informed Consent (required to be seen at CAPS)
- Under the " Survey Forms " tab, click on the " CCAPS-34 " link and complete that survey.
- Once all forms have been completed, a Triage Clinician will review your paperwork and then call you from a blocked number to conduct the triage assessment.
All registered UCLA students are eligible for assessment and treatment planning; crisis management; brief individual treatment; group treatment and/or referral to other resources as needed. Eligibility and fees are determined by the student’s current enrollment status and registration of Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Visit Eligibility and Fees for further details.
Visit UC SHIP Mental Health Benefits for further details about UC SHIP insurance coverage.