What is TAO?
The TAO self-help platform was built to support student educational and skill development needs in the areas of mental wellness and overall well-being. TAO self-help tools can be used when students need support and education for common issues such as: improving mood, calming anxiety, managing stress, succeeding in relationships, improving communication skills, exploring issues related to alcohol and drug use, and managing anger.
Please note that the resources available in the TAO self-help platform are informational and are intended to serve as an aid in understanding the topic areas presented. These resources are not intended as a substitute for treatment from a qualified mental health professional.
TAO is FREE to all UCLA students!
Follow this enrollment link: counseling.ucla.edu/TAO
How do I sign up for TAO?
- Enter your UCLA email.
- Select "Sign up in Self-Help with an Institution"
- On the next screen select "Sign me up"
- On the next screen, enter Name and same email address you entered above. You do not need to enter an enrollment key. Demographic information is optional.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box at the end of the "Informed Consent" section indicating that you agree to the "TAO Self-Help Informed Consent"
- Select "Sign Me Up" at the bottom of the page
- Final Log In instructions will be sent to the email address you entered above
- Log In and create a New Password
- Select "Continue" on the next page.
- You are now "Logged In"
- Select "My Pathways" on the upper left of the screen under "TAO"
- Select whether you want consent to contributing anonymous data. Do no select "unsubscribe from TAO" as that will delete your account.
- Scroll down the page to access the Self-Help content under "My Pathways"
- Select any Pathway to explore the content and complete any or all of the self-help modules in that Pathway (e.g. "Leave Your blues Behind")
- The "Mindfulness Library" is also a resource that is available by selecting "My TAO Tools" from the menu (just to the right of the "My Pathways" link). Multiple relaxation and mindfulness exercises are available.